Sunday, April 13, 2008

Eight Years Late- Pinot Noir and PBR


Last night Brent and I celebrated both of our birthdays (big 34) and our 8th wedding anniversary. This is our picture that goes in our anniversary book- got it as a wedding present and you put a picture of the two of you each year and write a little about big things that happened during that year etc. Anyway Joey babysat the kids for us and we went to dinner at Lulus in Shockoe Bottom. Our neighbor, Mark, is the manager/business partner for the owners so we have been planning on going there for awhile. It was a cute place with a good crowd. It has a lot of open space with exposed brick walls and ductwork. We ordered some drinks while we waited for our table. Since it was a special occasion, I opted for a glass of wine (pinot noir to be exact) and my darling husband counters with ordering, PBR. Not that I have anything against PBR, but it seems a little weird to order on your anniversary. Anyway the food was great- I got a wonderful tomato, basil, and gorgonzola soup and then we had beef tenderloin and tandoori chicken. We talked to Mark for a bit and he gave us some free drinks (yay, Mark). It was kind of early so we decided to go somewhere else for dessert. So we went to Carytown and hit Can Can. MMM, we ordered the Taste of Chocolate. Highly recommend that one- it even had Baileys Chocolate Ice Cream on the side. So good.
All in all it was a good night. It was almost the date that wasn't after my darling husband stood me up on Friday night. We were supposed to do this date night at church on how to maintain a great marriage when he bailed on me about 5 minutes before I was about to leave the house. He was so busy at work that he hung up the phone on me. I was not happy. So when he got home, I told him that he was rude and I was not in the mood for an anniversary dinner on Saturday. Luckily for him he surprised me with Coldstone as a peace offering and was very apologetic all day Saturday. He even did all of our major yardwork projects. So I guess life is good again.

2 comments:

Three Girls and a Daddy said...

I'm glad date night turned out so well! :)

Jenny said...

you make me laugh...mmmm, coldstone and a date night. i'm very jealous!