Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Liberation day

I have finally weaned Gray. I kind of avoided it for awhile now mostly out of pure laziness. It was too easy to just get up in the morning and put him in bed with me rather than get up and face the day. But we are getting a nice little routine going now where he gets his bottle in bed with me so I can still stay warm and get some snuggle time in. I just hate getting out of bed in the morning when it is so cold outside. I think Gray was definitely ready to be done with nursing, and I know it will make things a bit easier now that I can pass off feeding duties onto someone else. In some ways I keep forgetting how big he is getting, but I am quickly reminded now that he is crawling faster and getting into everything! Yesterday I was eating breakfast and he was playing with the magnets on the fridge. All of the sudden, I realized that I hadn't heard him making any noise for a minute. In the parenting world, that always means trouble! So I check and he is not in the kitchen, tv room, bathroom, or hallway. Here is where I found him....

Actually he was about 2 steps up but came back down by the time I captured this shot. I had just been thinking the other day that Griffin starting going after the steps when he was about 10 months old. So I guess I can add the steps to the list of pitfalls to watch out for just behind Elvis' food and water bowls, light bulbs and batteries in the kitchen island, the toilet, and the basement door that Griffin leaves open all the time.


I hosted bookclub last night and Griffin was so excited to have my friends over. He even helped me make a chocolate pie on Sunday. It was a really good chocolate pudding/cool whip concoction with peanut butter cups. It was so easy and a good recipe for him to help out with.


Our bookclub discussed, Loving Frank, by Nancy Horan. It was my pick and I think most people liked it. I found it in the recommended books section of People magazine, so I figured it would be a pretty easy read. Anyway it is a historical fiction account of the affair that Frank Lloyd Wright had with Mamah Cheney and it is written from her perspective. You get a lot of information about the basis of his architecture designs and some insight on his personality. It was very interesting. There is a pretty shocking ending (that is historically accurate) that really takes you by surprise. I was actually amazed that this event is not more well-known considering how famous FLW is. Anyway if you need a new book to read, then this one is a quick read and something different. I really like the historical fiction genre- I think I got hooked after the Other Boleyn Girl.

1 comment:

Jenny said...

I didn't know you were on here! Your boys have gotten SO big! They're precious.