Friday, October 12, 2007

UFOs in Richmond

So what a morning we have had...meaning NO SLEEP yet again. Gray has been developing an annoying habit of waking up at 4:30 AM every morning even if he really isn't hungry. Usually when I try to go back to sleep, Brent's alarm clock goes off and he snoozes for another 45 mnutes which is super frustrating. Anyway this morning went a little differently. Gray woke up bright and early as usual, but this time Brent had trouble falling back to sleep. So he went downstairs to watch tv. I fell back asleep, but Gray woke back up at 6 (usually this does not happen). I was trying my best to ignore him a little bit and get a few more minutes of sleep, when I hear a super loud noise at the side of our house followed by objects hitting our bedroom window. I had NO CLUE what was happening, and in my very sleepy mind, I felt like someone was throwing pumpkins at our house. I know this does not make a lot of sense since pumpkins would most likely have broken the window...but still that was what went through my mind. I jumped up and ran downstairs to look for Brent. He was standing outside our front door. He apparently went for an early jog and locked himself out. So he found a football and soccer ball from our backyard and started throwing it at the windows to wake us up. NOT the best way to be woken up at 6.

Something I learned about the toddler mind this morning...you can create funny jokes just by coming up with the name of any fruit or vegetable and adding "head" or "butt". I am sure other body parts work well, but these seem to get the biggest reaction. So "apple head" and "pumpkin butt" were pretty funny this morning- Mommy had already lost her sense of humor.

Also Halloween has prompted discussions of all kinds of things namely vampires and skeletons. Griffin really wants to know about skeletons. So I told him that we all have a skeleton under our skin and had him feel for the bones in his hands, arm, and chin. He kind of got it, but he finally decided that having a "skeleton in your armpit" was the most interesting location of all.

No comments: