Tuesday, October 16, 2007

No one is sleeping

No one is sleeping in our house- not sure why it is all hitting at once. With Gray, I get it. I was convinced this weekend that he had an ear infection. He was fussy, crying a lot, tugging at his ears, even banging a train next to his ear. I felt like a horrible mom for not taking him to the doctor on Friday. But when I took him in on Monday, Dr Vaughn said that his ears and everything else looked "perfect". She thinks he may be getting his bottom two teeth in now, and I can just give him Advil or cold teething rings. I was actually hoping for an ear infection so I could get some antibiotics going and get this fussiness over with. The crying is pretty hard to take- he starts out fussing and goes into an all-out shrieking fit. Today I was worried that the neighbors would think I was abusing him and hoping that his fit wasn't being picked up on someone else's baby monitor.

Griffin must have decided that sleep is over-rated too. He has not taken an afternoon nap since last Wednesday. He acts tired, but he just plays in his room for an hour or so without sleeping. I have tried bribing him, but not much is working. He actually plays quite nicely, but he always sings while he plays and that usually wakes Gray up. I hope Griffin isn't giving up that nap for good. I need the break! And he falls apart crying and throwing more fits during the day.

1 comment:

megan said...

Hi Amanda,

Carrie just directed me to your blog. Great pix of the boys in previous posts! I feel you on the nap thing; Evie gave up her nap at 20 months! It was tough, especially when Claire was a newborn.

Megan