Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Who To Marry?

Today Griffin was sitting in the backseat of the car and started asking me questions like who my father was and who my husband was. I told him and then he wanted to know WHO my husband was when Daddy was not in the car. To which I replied (as a good wife should), Brent is always my husband even if he is not in the car. Griffin wouldn't accept this answer and asked if he could be my pretend husband while Daddy was not in the car. I told him that was okay to pretend that. Then we the conversation took a different route...

G: So who will I marry?
M: Not sure but I am sure you will find someone. Which of your girl friends do you like best?
G: Hmmm, I am not sure. I will have to wait and see.
(time lapse)
G: I know! God will find one for me. That's a good idea.
M: Yes, that is a great idea.
G: So God will hold a girl up in his hands and I will see if I like her or not. That will work.

All I can visualize during this conversation is God as King Kong with a "girl" in his hands.

2 comments:

Jenny said...

That's hilarious! You'll have to save this story for his rehearsal dinner.

Happy Mom said...

In this line, M has told me a couple of times recently (following very similar conversations about who my husband is, etc.) that Griffin can be her husband. I thought it was very cute!