Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Poor Little Turkey

Griffin has been really into turkeys ever since his preschool started talking about Thanksgiving. Today I went grocery shopping and bought our turkey. As I was unpacking the groceries, he was very interested in the turkey and when we were going to eat it. Later today while we were driving to the gym, this is what transpired...

G: Hey, mommy, can I see our turkey?
M: Well, it is in the freezer at home.
G: Does it have a beak?
M: Not anymore.
G: Oh. Did you buy it at Law-mart (his version of Wal-mart) or at the grocery store?
M: I got it at the grocery store.
G: Was the turkey sad and lonely at the grocery store?
M: No, there were lots of others turkeys at the grocery store. (how true!)
G: But the turkey was waiting for us to come pick him up at the store.
M: Yes, he was waiting.
G: Now he won't be sad and lonely anymore because he is at our house.

I have a feeling that the poor little turkey would have been happier if he wasn't in the freezer in our basement. I felt a little guilty.

No comments: