Sunday, May 31, 2009

Moving saga

So now we have officially moved in our new house- Yay!! The boys have actually been very good but it has been a long process. We weren't able to close on our old house, but we decided to go ahead on the new one. Thursday was our loading day for the movers so my job was to get the boys out of the house and keep them entertained. Our closing was supposed to be at 1:00 PM but it happened at 5 PM. What a long day. So we spent the night in a hotel (no one got to sleep until after 10 and Gray kept waking up in the middle of the night).

On Friday we have the movers and the painters at the new house by 8:30 AM. We also had visits from an electrician, Comcast, and Sears. It was very crazy but we wanted our phones, cable, and refrigerator before Monday. Luckily I got a sitter for the boys on Friday and I am pretty sure that was the best money I have ever spent. She took them to the Botanical Gardens for 4 hours, got them lunch at McDonalds, and then played with them at the new house. She was awesome.

Yesterday consisted of more painting and shuttling loads of stuff from the old house. My job was again to keep the kids out of trouble and prevent them from drowning in the waterfall in the backyard. It was a LOOOONNG day. I think I pulled the frisbee from the water about 15 times. Griffin also got a huge splinter in his foot which was an hour long debacle. I think he was so challenging because he was so tired. It took 3 adults (one of the painters helped us) to hold him down and get the splinter out of his foot. I swear I thought we were going to have to take him to Patient First to get that thing out. He used up so much energy that he fell asleep in the sunroom for 2 hours. It was wonderful- I got to sit on the screened-in porch and read the paper while listening to our waterfall (which will probably only be here another week or so). I feel like I haven't been much help with unpacking things or getting things organized. This pregnancy has been a lot harder on me and I am wiped out. Luckily I only have about 4 weeks left (June 30th is my c-section date) so I just need to hang in there. Stuff will get unpacked eventually.

2 comments:

J. Chapman said...

congrats on getting into the new house. I was over that way to drop off something at my sister-in-laws on Friday and drove by. I saw several cars plus the moving truck and knew you were very busy. I just wanted to acclimate myself since I hadn't been on that street before. Let me know if I can help with the boys at any time - or I could come over and help you unpack too!

Lori said...

Glad you got into your new house! I'm sure you are so tired with moving on top of being sooo pregnant. Wish I was there to help with the boys...hold out until July 2nd and she could share Mia's b-day! They'll be right at a year apart anyway. Any names yet?