Monday, May 5, 2008

Strawberry picking







This morning my mom and I took the boys strawberry picking. My camera wasn't working so I don't have any of the super cute pictures of them in the fields. They had a good time. Gray wouldn't eat any of the berries but he did stand around and hold them for awhile. Griffin didn't want to really pick any berries but he did instruct us a bit. Their favorite part by far was the hayride to and from the fields. The strawberries were so huge. Needless to say we ended up with a ton of berries- 22 lbs to be exact which is about $50 worth of berries in case you need some help with the math. So tonight for Cinque de Mayo we are having fresh strawberry margaritas and fresh strawberry pie. And I am currently looking up how to make strawberry freezer jam. We may turn a pinkish-red color before the berries are gone. Happy Cinque de Mayo!

1 comment:

J. Chapman said...

wow - how many containers did it take for 22 lbs? I am thinking about going Friday. Where did you go?