Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Girl

so today we found out that we are having a baby girl this summer. I am still a bit skeptical of the ultrasound results because it was much harder to "see" things than when we had the boys. The nurse and the doctor both agreed, so I guess I should let them do their job. As we were meeting with the doctor, he wanted to double check the baby's kidney measurements. When the tech did the measurements, one of the them was a little higher than normal which could indicate extra fluid on the kidneys. The doctor said when he measured it again that the measurement was normal. So I feel pretty good about things. He still wants to do a follow-up u/s at 34 weeks just to make sure things are going in the right direction. I left feeling a little worried because it is considered a 'soft sign" for Downs and could be put the baby at risk for kidney infections after birth. The doctor seemed pretty calm so I am hoping for the best:) When Brent came home from work tonight, he thought the nurse and doctor were confident in their "girl" identification so that made me feel better too.

Griffin was pretty excited to say the least. He did gently remind me that we don't have a room for her yet (yep, that is one reason we are trying to move this Spring). So he came up with the perfect solution...the baby can sleep in a basket in his room. If only he would get up in the middle of the night and take care of her for the first few months...Wishful thinking:)

1 comment:

Jenny said...

Awwww, what a sweet big brother. So happy for you guys!